A guide to those who guard against evil!
This is where you’ll find templates to put together your own Qur’an journal, and links to resources to help you research and reflect. Each template page contains a verse in Arabic and its translation, a hadith on the same theme and vocabulary. There’s also space for your notes and an action plan.
You could research and reflect for your Qur’an journal alone, or with family or a group of friends. You could even set up a regular weekly group to reflect on the chosen verse and share your research.
Here are the page templates so far – we’ll be adding to them regularly so please check back for more!
- Front Cover
- In the Name of Allah (swt): Al-Fātihah (1:1)
- The Qur’an, a guide: The Al-Baqarah (2:2)
- Remembrance of Allah (swt): Ar-Ra’ad (13:28)
- Created to worship Him: Adh-Dhāriyāt (51:56)
- Be patient: Hud (11:115)
- Life of this world: Fātir (35:5)
- An order to supplicate: Ghāfir (40:60)
- Nearer than his jugular vein: Qāf (50:16)
- An excellent exemplar: Al-Ahzāb (33:21)
- Countless blessings: An-Nahl (16:18)
- Signs to understand: Al-Baqarah (2:242)
- Fasting is prescribed: Al-Baqarah (2:183)
- Qur’an revealed in Ramadhan: Al-Baqarah (2:185)
- Spend out of what you love: Āl ‘Imrān (3:92)
- The Night of Qadr: Al-Qadr (97:3)
(I’m using the Shakir and Quli Qara’i translations for the templates)
- An Enlightening Commentary into the Light of the Holy Qur’an (available on al-islam.org)
- Multilingual Qur’an (featuring the Shakir translation and the Pooya / Ahmed Ali commentary)
- Al-Quran (featuring the Quli Qara’i translation)
- ALI Hadith Database (featuring a useful search function)